|Images from Fashion Week - the 2011 CSE glamour-thon held 4-5 May|
- A panel of journalists convened to explore the role social media has played in the recent push for democracy in the Middle East. 'From Afghanistan to the Arab Spring' was a seminar organised by the Faculty of Creative Arts.
- The creative, quirky, colourful and beautiful all came out of the woodwork for a fashion fest at UOW's 2011 Fashion Week .
- Options Day will be held on January 5 for 2010 HSC students to ask about preferences and which degree is right for them.
- At the 2010 Summer Graduation ceremonies NSW Governor Professor Marie Bashir attended to celebrate the first graduations from the Graduate School of Medicine.
- A range of UOWtv Short Cuts videos from the 2010 Summer graduation ceremonies
- The 2010 Art and Design Graduation Exhibition, Belljar, shows the work of over 80 graduating students.
- University cricketer Richard Sykes was the unlikely hero when he scrambled two runs off the last ball of the innings by former Test fast bowler Glenn McGrath to force a tie in Saturday’s Stumping Serious Diseases Twenty20 celebrity cricket match at the University of Wollongong.
- More than 200 of the University’s volunteers came together to celebrate their contributions to UOW and the wider community at the annual Chancellor’s Awards.
- From improving nutrition in Meals on Wheels to teaching Illawarra refugees job skills and reducing the risk of cancer in people with disabilities – the latest Community Engagement Grants will have far-reaching consequences.
- Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsawali of Thailand visited the University of Wollongong to meet with Thai students and tour the Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute.
- Top violinist Professor TN Krishnan stops in at Wollongong during Australian tour to celebrate uni's close ties with India
- Visiting astronaut Dr Leroy Chiao talks about the links between space flights and UOW's biomedical research
- UOW has revealed plans to build a $300 million health and medical precinct based around a 180-bed private hospital and integrated primary care health centre.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder affects around 2% of the Australian population. A new UOW study looks at whether people with OCD have "sticky brains".
- Double success for Creative Arts at national AWGIE awards with wins for Lecturer in Stage and Screenwriting Dr Catherine Fargher and Doctor of Creative Arts student Donna Abela
- Everything you need to know about your health is on TV – but most of it is wrong! Public lecture by Professor Sandra Jones.
- The campus was turned into a global bazaar during the annual International Week celebrations
- UOW helped celebrate Royal Australian Fashion Week by holding its own events from 4-6 May.
- The Wollongong Roller Hawks showed of their skills for an interactive demonstration match as part of Diversity Week 2010. Hawks players Larry Davidson and Cam Tragardh joined the Roller Hawks.
- O-Week 2010 was bigger than ever! Highlights included Bollywood dancing and comedy on the duckpond lawn featuring Wil Anderson and the Axis of Awesome, as well as lots of markets, music, games and street theatre.
- The annual week of Discovery Days, held from 1 - 5 February 2010, saw more than 5500 school students exploring UOW.
- Summer Graduation Week 2009, as usual, was a vibrant and celebratory week showing the talent and diversity of UOW students
- UOW's Pink Breakfast is one of the biggest fund raising events of its kind in NSW and was held for the seventh time in 2009 - image slideshow
- Global Highway shows the diversity of cultures living at UOW accommodation - image slideshow.
- UOW celebrates its volunteers - image slideshow
- Fifteen students from the US spent three weeks hiking in NSW for a Study Abroad short course - image slideshow
- Professor Gordon Wallace speaks about his research at the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute - 2.45min
- Adam Gilchrist talks about the Innovation Campus - video 1.11min
Last reviewed: 7 June, 2011